Acknowledgement of Third-Party Content
We are are grateful to our partners and to third-party providers for permission to use a number of the images, logos and other media shown on this website.
We acknowledge the copyright of the respective owners to these and all images and other media content shown on this website, and we make every effort not to infringe copyright. You may not republish, copy, modify, distribute or broadcast any of the content on this website without the prior written permission of the copyright holder.
Credit for Third-Party Content
In particular, we wish to acknowledge:
- Photograph and images of artworks by John Campbell are copyright of John Campbell.
- Photograph of Kelvin Guy is copyright of Scottish Opera.
- Photograph and images of artworks by John Macfarlane are copyright of John Macfarlane.
- Photograph of Colin Maxwell is copyright of Royal Opera House and Mat Smith.
- Photograph of Ian Siddall is copyright of Cardiff Theatrical Services.
- Photograph of Emma Troubridge is copyright of Emma Troubridge.
- Photograph of Hilary Vernon-Smith is copyright of Hilary Vernon-Smith and National Theatre.
- Photograph of scene painting at Croydon College of Art is copyright of Hilary Vernon-Smith.
- Photograph of Watford Palace Theatre is copyright of Nigel Cox and licensed under Creative Commons CC BY-SA.
- Photographs of productions and production work at the National Theatre are copyright of National Theatre.
- Video of ‘Painting a Scottish Opera Backcloth’ on the Scottish Opera YouTube channel is copyright of Scottish Opera.
- Video of ‘Backstage: Set-building at High House Production Park’ on the Royal Opera House YouTube channel is copyright of Royal Opera House.
- Sketch of 1891 set design for Friar’s Cell, Romeo and Juliet is copyright of the The Edward Gordon Craig Estate.
- Image of the playbill for Theatre Royal, Edinburgh, 19 July 1828 is courtesy of the Scottish Theatre Archive.
- Images from the Hunterian collection are copyright of The Hunterian and licensed under Creative Commons CC BY-SA.